My arms look like Popeye has had a fight with a bulldozer and once again, I'm wearing an emergency hat. That takes longer than it should. When Joe and I finally get to the point, you'll discover how sloth can prevent you from writing your book, why it's not your fault, and 3 cool things you can do to make sure you get started. Note: if you're listening to this with your kids, you may end up explaining long words to them that make you feel uncomfortable. Blame Joe.
- [3:10] Vicky is in a lot of pain today because she was trying to do a new trapeze move.
- [11:15] Let’s talk about sloth!
- [12:45] What is the definition of sloth?
- [14:05] Everything has survived and reproduced to produce us. That’s amazing!
- [15:50] Vicky at one point thought she was having bouts of laziness, but it wasn’t. It was genuine depression.
- [17:30] Joe has a system for dealing with things he doesn’t want to deal with.
- [21:25] We plan to do good work, but for some reason ’emergencies’ crop up that make you not do the work.
- [27:40] Why is everyone hoarding toilet paper?
- [28:55] Vicky has three ways you can de-sloth yourself!
- [31:20] When Vicky procrastinates, she gets really anxious.
- [36:15] Schedule time in your calendar to do basic tasks like laundry.
- [37:15] Next week’s sin is Lust!!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.