Joe and I take a break from the usual format to discuss the frankly freaking weird and scary times we're living in – and decide my job is to bring a little levity to things (without making light of actual awfulness of course). Tune in and find out how working from home together is going, why we don't need to panic-buy toilet roll or vegan food, and how we're getting people together and making them uncomfortable using technology.
- [2:50] Vicky really likes to touch her face.
- [3:50] A lot of businesses aren’t going to recover from this. That is absolutely terrible.
- [5:00] It’s a zombie apocalypse. The stores are so barren.
- [6:15] Check on your elderly neighbors.
- [8:25] People in China can see the sky for the first time because there is less pollution.
- [12:20] Do not stop marketing! There is going to be an end to this.
- [14:55] So many new business services and models are going to be coming out of this.
- [15:55] When you get scared, you get tunnel vision. Remember that there is a way out of this, and to focus on the bigger picture.
- [17:20] Now is our time to help keep small businesses afloat.
- [19:55] How has Joe enjoyed working from home so far?
- [23:00] Vicky will be hosting a virtual get together.
- [27:15] What’s the takeaway? Be kind to each other.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.