Bleached hair, ukuleles, dwarvish fighting bread, a meltdown over yeast, friends on Zoom, and the realisation that Vicky has been Doing Too Much: tune in this week for the Quarantine Chronicles. And eventually some actual book-writing advice based loosely on the 7 Deadly Sins. This week, Joe and Vicky talk about greed: how it manifests in writing, the problems it causes, and what to focus on so you can win the long game. Stay kind out there.
- [1:00] Joe has weird hair.
- [3:15] Joe is STILL reading Robert Jordan.
- [4:05] Vicky believes the first 20 pages or so of a book need to not bore you!
- [8:45] Joe is trying to understand ukuleles.
- [10:00] Joe made bread. It was amazing!
- [12:50] During all of this, Vicky forgot to look after herself. So, she is taking some downtime by wearing cthulhu leggings!
- [17:25] How is ‘Greed’ defined?
- [21:50] You have to sell to people what they want, but also give people what they need.
- [26:45] Don’t chase quantity; go after quality.
- [27:10] Don’t be greedy for the shallow short-term gains. Think about the long-game.
- [29:00] Vicky’s course is coming out soon! Be sure to be signed up to her waiting list!
- [30:25] Vicky just wants to thank everyone right now who is working so hard and keeping the wheels turning!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.