Join Vicky and Joe in another lockdown episode – and discover what colour they dyed Joe's hair, why they had to wrestle Picard the TinySheep to the ground, and what they're growing in the garden. Also, discover how Vicky twists wrath into a deadly sin of writing. Find out why it's important to "let it go", how to deal with other people's anger, and how you can use anger to your advantage when you're writing your book.
- [1:00] Vicky is...very hungry.
- [3:40] Joe has bright orange hair because he isn’t leaving the house and adulting right now.
- [4:35] Vicky gives an update on the Dingle.
- [6:40] What is the punishment for wrath in the Bible?
- [10:15] Write angry, but never hit publish.
- [12:05] You do have to let go of anger, you can’t bottle it up.
- [15:30] If you are writing angrily about somebody, they can still sue you for libel even if what you said was true!
- [19:05] Don’t ever read the YouTube comments!
- [21:05] Most people don’t want to take an opposing viewpoint on anything!
- [23:00] How can you take the thing you’re angry about and flip it?
- [23:20] Do you ever find yourself being angry at yourself?
- [26:10] Be kind to yourself and have empathy for others.
- [29:00] Everybody is going through something, so cut them some slack.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.