Hillary Weiss is yelling on the podcast! Hurrah! Right at the start of the coronavirus crisis, Vicky and Hillary got together via the magic of Zoom and yelled about branding. Tune in to find out where confidence comes from, why it's scary to put yourself out there, and how not to sound like an asshole.
- [1:10] What does Hillary focus on?
- [3:05] What do you want to see more of and less of in your industry?
- [6:25] Hiliary works with her clients on their brand messaging to help them have the confidence they need to stand out from the crowd.
- [9:35] What is a statement piece and how do you leverage it?
- [11:55] There’s a lot of fear when it comes to deviating from industry norms, but it is also the most powerful marketing tool you have.
- [16:10] Instead of throwing more information at people, help them take the first step towards something productive.
- [18:45] How did Hilliary get into copywriting and branding?
- [23:15] It can be a tough position for copywriters because they can suddenly become responsible for sales results if their client doesn’t know any better.
- [25:45] It’s critical to understand your client’s market first and what they’re trying to achieve before trying to offer them services.
- [33:15] Absolutely check out Hillary and Margo’s YouTube channel. It’s perfect for female business owners who need an extra boost in confidence.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.