Wearing some extremely snazzy hats, Joe and I discuss the first of the Writing Excuses: I don't have time. In it, we talk about time – how it warps in lockdown, how some of us really do have more than others, and how you can make the most of yours. This podcast contains a bonus rant about selling under false pretences. Oh and also: we share the secret of how long it REALLY takes to write a book.
- [3:30] Do you have any bread making tips?
- [6:45] Did Vicky and Joe’s local village have a black dress for a medium-sized man? The answer is yes.
- [12:15] Do you really, really, actually, want to write a book? Why? What’s the purpose?
- [14:35] Men and women do business very differently, especially when they have a family.
- [17:45] How much time do you really need to write a book?
- [21:40] Can you write a book over a weekend?
- [27:00] Treat your book as if you’re working for a client!
- [29:30] Make a plan and then see where you can fit your book into that plan!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.