The crisis hair reaches breaking point, and Joe and I ponder when this lockdown will ever end. Then we talk about actual important things. And finally, onto writing excuses: why it doesn't matter if it's all already on the internet for free because books are special, peeps!
- [1:40] Joe is still reading Wheel of Time.
- [3:50] Project Dingle update.
- [9:45] Googling things can sometimes overwhelm you.
- [11:45] Sometimes the information on the internet is so sporadic that you have to go to multiple different sources to get the full picture.
- [13:45] How do you even know if the author of the article actually knows what they’re talking about?
- [15:10] What’s the difference between buying a random book on the internet vs. a random article?
- [17:30] Your book is your chance for your audience to get to know you.
- [19:15] People read books everywhere!
- [21:10] Articles are fleeting whereas books last forever.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.