Monty Python, marketing idiocy, and the general state of the world: join Vicky as she chats to Ryan Wallman, aka Dr_Draper on Twitter, as he puts the world to rights. Vicky has been wanting to snaffle Ryan for years for an interview, so you'll have to excuse the initial fangirling. But he is the funniest marketer on Twitter, so there's a legit reason...
- [1:15] Who is Ryan and what does he do?
- [4:00] How did Ryan learn about marketing?
- [5:40] Why did Ryan decide it was time to write a book?
- [10:30] Ryan intentionally wrote his book to not be serious!
- [12:25] When it comes to marketing, who should you be paying attention to?
- [14:30] Uncertain about your business? Ryan has some advice for you!
- [17:50] What was Ryan’s process?
- [20:35] Why did Ryan pick Monty Python as his inspiration?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.