It has taken far too long to get Yinka on the podcast, but this week she's here – and she and Vicky dive right into the meat of what's going on with women in business. They talk lightening the load, embracing what makes us absolute QUEENS, boobs, success, imposter syndrome, impact not action, and how the world is just better when women are successful. Tune in for a whole 44 minutes of wisdom and hopes and dreams and IMPACT.
- [1:00] Who is Yinka and what does she do?
- [4:25] While many entrepreneurs like to paint a picture that they’ve achieved this success all by themselves, they fail to mention their team and their life partners helping them through the details.
- [6:25] Women business owners have to make very strong choices between business decisions and taking care of their children.
- [7:55] There is no business on the planet that's worth getting sick over.
- [10:35] It can take people decades to be an overnight success!
- [13:25] It’s important to discover how our brains work and use that knowledge to work more effectively.
- [15:45] Yinka wants women to go back to a time where they could be themselves and not worry about their bodies or what society thinks of them.
- [23:15] If someone doesn’t like your message and what you have to say, the worst they can do is unsubscribe!
- [28:35] Why do we think talking to ourselves in a harsh way is a productive and effective way to communicate?
- [32:35] Although constructive criticism is important and has its place, it is more powerful on your mental state when you use positive words!
- [35:05] Yinka thinks and speaks for impact. She doesn’t just ‘say’ stuff. Everything you do should have intent and purpose.
- [39:05] Every single person on this planet is allocated the same 24 hours in a day.
- [41:35] Like what Yinka has to say? Don’t worry! She will be back in a future podcast episode!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request to get on Yinka's email list
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.