Do not email Vicky about pickled eggs. Please. But you can email her about how to grow vegetables. In this episode, we find out how often Joe is wrong (once, today, about pickled eggs) and discover that Vicky is incapable of planning her vegetable garden. And then our intrepid podcasters get to the good stuff: the reason we can't write, can't finish stuff, and struggle to "find the time". This episode will fix it all for you. Enjoy!
- [5:40] Are there any gardeners out there? Did Vicky kill her cactus?
- [9:25] Vicky really needs a foolproof gardener plan. Also, she wants to grow potatoes.
- [11:00] Remember, people need help and no matter what your skill set is, you can help other people bridge the gap.
- [11:35] Vicky is serious! She needs help with her garden. DM her!
- [12:05] Do you have a hard time sitting down and writing your book?
- [15:00] There are three reasons why you might be procrastinating on your writing.
- [18:15] You don’t have accountability when you’re writing for yourself.
- [18:50] Don’t get to the end of the day regretting that you didn’t get your things done!
- [22:00] Joe threatens Vicky with no food if she is procrastinating or holding off on a personal deadline. Get yourself someone who will do something similar.
- [23:05] Make it a habit so that you feel weird if you don’t do it; like when you don’t brush your teeth.
- [25:40] You can write a book in two months. You can do it if you just put in the practice!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.