Well this is pretty freakin' cool: Vicky sits down with Laura F*cking Belgray and talks being funny for money, making your first million aged 50, and the crucial importance of writing EVERY DAMN DAY. Oh, and we got the lowdown on Laura's forthcoming book with the best title we've heard all year: Tough Titties. Hurrah!
- [2:00] What’s Laura is reading right now?
- [3:10] How did Laura get started in content writing?
- [8:25] How did Laura get connected with the entrepreneur Marie Forleo?
- [12:50] Laura shares the best ways to balance your voice, your personality, with your professional brand.
- [15:30] Offending someone shouldn’t stop you from creating your best work.
- [15:50] How does Laura deal with the trolls?
- [18:45] Laura has always been transparent about how much money she makes on her products. People are really receptive to it.
- [22:25] So many people fudge the numbers and say they make x amount of money on the internet, but have they really?
- [25:15] What was the moment Laura realized she could do this online?
- [27:55] How did Laura get her book deal?
- [35:50] What’s the one thing writers need to know about?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.