Vicky and Joe wander into 2021 with a change of name, a Christmas report, and some sage advice about where to start your book. Tune in to find out where most authors get stuck, why it happens, and how you can go from struggling to motivated just by changing your starting position. Hurrah!
- [1:30] Vicky is changing her last name, but don’t worry, Joe is still in the picture!
- [5:25] It’s so lovely taking a break and chilling out during the end of the year.
- [7:00] Didn’t get a day off during December? Maybe consider taking one off during January.
- icky feels great after the break!
- [7:30] It doesn’t matter where you start (when it comes to writing your book)!
- [10:00] You don’t have to write your book in order. If you’re struck, then skip a chapter (for now).
- [12:00] Every book Vicky has written has ended up somewhere different than when she has started.
- [14:15] Should you start on the ‘hardest thing’ on your book? Vicky thinks no. Why make it harder on yourself?
- [17:10] There are no rules. You can start writing your book at any point in its journey. Just start.
- [19:55] Want to write a book, but everything has already been said?
- [20:35] Want to know how to start writing a nonfiction story? Tune in next week!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Get Vicky’s latest audio book: That’s What She Said
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.