Vicky and Joe open with a serious message about the absolute shit-show that 2021 week 1 has been so far: learn to spot how the media reports certain things. Listen for it. Look for it. And call it out. Then crack on with writing your truth. In this episode, you'll hear all about inertia and how to defeat it, the power of habits and momentum, and the wonders of a group of people who help you grow.
- [5:10] Vicky and Joe give you a project Dingle update!
- [6:50] Happy 2021! Welcome to the third lockdown! And the collapse of America....?
- [10:55] Vicky is frustrated by how Black Lives Matter protestors were treated (shoot at) vs. what happened on Capitol Hill.
- [12:15] Inertia is a powerful thing. You can capitalize on this power.
- [15:55] It's really overwhelming if you have to take on a big goal. This is why you have to break it down into smaller pieces.
- [18:20] Remember. We are the sum of the people we spend the most time with.
- [20:00] Vicky has a writing event going on! Save the date Tuesday the 26th!
- [23:25] Vicky does an author shoutout!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Get Vicky’s latest audio book: That’s What She Said
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.