Behold the application of the word "divot" as insult! Joe, with exciting hair, talks to Vicky about book coaches. Specifically, why you might want to work with a book coach -- and if you do, how to choose one. Tune in for snow updates, real-life coaching stories, and some truths about writing a book.
- [1:50] Vicky is a book coach, but she can’t coach everyone in the world and wants you to find someone who can help you.
- [3:45] Vicky loves Girl, Woman, Other!
- [6:15] Why does someone need a book coach?
- [7:15] Good book coaches are not cheap!
- [8:25] It’s a scary process writing your book alone!
- [9:40] Find a book coach in your genre.
- [10:40] Look for a book coach that’s flexible and can coach you through the process.
- [13:25] Does it seem too good to be true?
- [15:05] A book coach needs to be honest and should be able to set the right expectations.
- [18:00] Vicky offers suggestions on how to best vet your book coach and see if they’re the real deal.
- [20:40] Vicky likes to ask her clients a series of questions like what have been some of their challenges thus far.
- [21:30] Is your coach excited about your book idea?
- [23:35] Get recommendations from your book coach.
- [25:30] Stay tuned to next week to find out Vicky’s coaching process!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Get Vicky’s latest audio book: That’s What She Said
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.