Vicky sits down with Nick Smith, the Financial Navigator, and talks helicopters, backwards cats called Clive, and why he wrote a book about wealth and financial sovereignty. In which we ask: what does financial sovereignty even MEAN? What is wealth, really? And what was it like to write a whole book?
- [1:45] A little bit about Nick and what he does.
- [3:45] We have to overcome a lot of misconceptions about money.
- [4:40] Why did Nick write his book?
- [5:15] We are all facing information overload.
- [6:55] What does your rich life look like?
- [8:55] What did Nick used to do before he became a financial navigator?
- [13:10] Why did Nick want to write a book?
- [14:45] Nick shares his book writing experience and some of the challenges he faced.
- [16:45] What has Nick learned about himself during this time?
- [18:25] The hardest part in the writing process was trying to find a structure.
- [20:10] Nick needed a second voice in his ear to encourage him and keep him going.
- [22:15] How long did it take Nick to write his book?
- [24:20] Nick shares his writing process.
- [28:10] Nick talks about his cat, Clyde.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Get Vicky’s latest audio book: That’s What She Said
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.