Guest Info - Misty Mozejko
I work with 6 and 7-figure executives and entrepreneurs who need a robust marketing strategy and execution plan to sustain the excellent position they have and to ensure they remain at the forefront of their industry. I want to help you gain more compensation, clients, and contentment in your near future.
Vicky and Misty were ranting about misplaced generosity a couple of weeks ago. But ranting privately isn't very helpful, so they decided to get on the air and yell about money to you instead. In this episode, Misty talks about how to ask for money on the phone, why it's crucial to charge for what we do, and how to make sales less icky. There's bonus Grey's Anatomy and dog anatomy, too.
- [2:15] Let’s talk about money.
- [3:05] It’s great to be generous. Misty doesn’t want to kill that spirit, but there is such a thing as too nice.
- [4:30] Money is a form of energy. You’re trading your energy for money.
- [5:25] Why is it so hard to ask for money?
- [7:25] It’s difficult for people to appear money-centric. People get shamed for it.
- [12:10] How do you ask for money on the phone?
- [17:05] If you don’t ask anyone for money, then don’t be surprised if you’re not making any money.
- [23:00] Make sure you do all the necessary ‘signings and closings’ while on the phone with the client. It’s easier when you’re talking to them directly.
- [26:00] What are the best ways to overcome objections?
- [31:00] Stop taking projects that are not 100% inline with what you do. It will only distract you.
- [35:45] Vicky asks Misty some rapid fire questions?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky: Vicky@vickyfraser.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.