Ever read something about being a writer and thought, "huh, that's not me. What if I'm not a real writer?" Well, friend, listen into this episode, which is a rerun—and find out: what kind of writer are you? Because, like most things in life, there's no one right way to do or be anything. Listen, enjoy, then get in touch and let us know which kind of writer YOU are...
- [6:15] Casa Dingle update!
- [7:25] Vicky just got her first COVID vaccine. Yay!
- [8:55] What kind of writer are you?
- [11:45] After listening to the internet about what you ‘should be’ doing, Vicky realized it never really worked for her.
- [13:45] Are you the type of writer that needs to plan everything first before you can get started?
- [16:15] Not a planner? Don’t worry. You can still make it work.
- [17:00] Are you a bit of a rambler when it comes to your writing?
- [19:30] It can be easy to lose focus on what your book is about.
- [22:55] What is Vicky’s writing and editing process?
- [26:00] Do you have more of a collaborative personality?
- [29:55] Do you like to work on more than one book at a time?
- [31:45] What kind of writer personality do you have? Do you fall into more than one category?
- 33:10] Vicky successfully hosted another write night event! It was a lot of fun. Come join her for the next one.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1-2-1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.