Join Vicky and Joe as they talk about their 12th wedding anniversary, treehouses, and noggins—and rave about the power of creativity in community. Yep, this week you'll hear about how C.S. Lewis and JRR Tolkein wrote such amazing books and stories, and why Vicky is so enthusiastic about putting a group of smart creative people in a room together.
- [0:55] It’s Vicky and Joe’s anniversary!
- [6:25] Storytelling is how we learn, and books aren’t the only medium to convey a good story.
- [7:25] Project dingle update! Vicky and Joe are going to put in a nice ceiling soon.
- [10:35] Are all writers tortured and alone?
- [12:40] How do you go about writing in community?
- [16:45] Vicky loves Sunday evenings because it gives her the opportunity to connect with her friends.
- [22:10] Vicky has a writing power hour within her community and it’s been amazing on how much work you actually get done during that 60 minute session.
- [22:55] Find yourself a writing buddy to help keep you accountable!
- [26:00] the quickest way to get to your writing goal is by having a group of writers you can work with and that will cheer you on.
- [28:35] Vicky shares some of her writers’ successes after joining the Moxie Power Hour group calls.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Join Vicky’s Weird and wonderful writing society
Email Vicky about 1-2-1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.