Vicky and Joe talk about Storm Arwen, being cold, and Joe’s absolute refusal to indulge Vicky’s Wispa Gold habit. Which leads into this week’s topic: writing habits! What is a habit? How do they work? Why do we have them? And how can we develop good habits that enable us to write a book? Tune in, chill out, enjoy.
- [2:10] Vicky has new hair! Woohoo!
- [5:30] Joe has a secret power - he can write haikus. Who knew!
- [7:25] Vicky introduces the topic of bad habits and why it’s important.
- [8:15] What are habits?
- [9:40] Why do people get addicted to smoking and drugs? What does that have to do with habits?
- [10:55] Can you form a habit of doing something you don’t find to be fun?
- [11:10] Vicky shares how she got into the habit of running.
- [12:30] Vicky shares her references from two books: The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg and Atomic Habits by James Clear and what she has learned from them.
- [13:35] People have natural gifts but habits make the difference.
- [14:20] Habit stacking: what is that and why is it important?
- [19:35] Vicky has made something fun for the listeners and it’s for free! Find out towards the end of this episode.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.