Join Vicky and Joe as they talk about worldviews, tiny stories, and the enormous cost of bathrooms. If you’ve ever thought “who am I to write a book, I have nothing interesting to say” this episode is for YOU friend! Our hosts talk about why a 1,000 year old diary is still relevant today, why we’re addicted to soap operas, and how we can change the world step by tiny beetle step with the stories of our lives. Enjoy!
- [4:40] Vicky got her booster shot and was so ill from it!
- [8:45] Why does the world need your story?
- [11:00] Vicky wants you to pay attention to headlines. How do news articles write things to get a reaction out of you?
- [13:35] Do our stories need to have big grand gestures?
- [16:35] Diversity is important. The world is a bi place and everyone needs to be out of their bubble.
- [18:20] People are walking up to these ‘common facts of life’ and are questioning why we do what we do, and if it still makes sense to do it.
- [20:40] We don’t change the world from the top down.
- [23:45] Your story can transcend time. Vicky talks about The Diary of Lady Murasaki.
- [26:45] How do you get started writing your own story?
- [28:20] Start publishing your own stuff, even if it’s just on Instagram!
- [29:20] Join Vicky’s writing program! Link in the show notes.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.