This week, we’re flashing back to when Vicky and Joe had a conversation about doing Hard Things, and why it’s valuable. They rambled their way around writing books, running businesses, winning competitions, and how getting to the top of your tree can often be boring and unpleasant—so we need to suck it up and do it—but also make it as much fun as possible. Do a hard thing today!
- [2:40] Why should you write a book?
- [6:00] What types of hard things has Joe had to face recently?
- [7:45] Vicky explains what Trad Rock Climbing is. You will probably die.
- [11:45] Vicky made it to the top of the mountain and cried.
- [13:15] You should write a book because it’s hard and it will make you realize you are completely capable!
- [16:10] The important things in life are difficult. Renovating The Dingle is really hard work, but so rewarding.
- [20:00] If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!
- [21:50] Want to write a book? Join Vicky’s Write Night!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.