Join Vicky and Joe for possibly the most professional podcast episode they’ve ever made, and discover why your table of contents is like a sexy elbow. Seriously. You’ll also discover why tables of contents are super useful, how to make them more fun, and what you can use them for as a writer. Enjoy!
- [4:15] Project Dingle update!
- [8:15] It’s time to make your table of contents sexy!
- [10:25] When you create a table of contents early on, it helps you write out a nice roadmap to your book.
- [13:30] When you have a table of contents, you don’t need to start at the beginning. You can just start writing whatever chapter you want.
- [15:40] Things to consider when writing a title and subtitle.
- [18:00] How do you outline like a boss?
- [18:30] If Vicky were to rewrite her chapter again, what would she do differently?
- [20:10] Vicky has some templates to help you write a seductive table of contents!
- [21:10] Want to write with Vicky? She’s got four more people!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Read the transcript:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.