Join Vicky and Joe in the middle of a thunderstorm and find out why you need to stop trying to find your voice—and just use it instead! Tune in for thunder, lightning, Terry Pratchett, plumbing, and a few helpful writing exercises and techniques to get you comfortable and confident in your writing voice.
- [1:40] Project Dingle update!
- [4:15] Vicky is excited to fully disconnect on her holiday with Joe.
- [6:00] Find your voice? Vicky doesn’t understand what this means.
- [8:55] Some of the best stories have come from science fiction and fantasy.
- [9:40] As you write, your voice and style will change.
- [10:35] If you find the whole time writing for yourself, and no one sees it, you’re going to be in for a shock if you want to publish a book.
- [14:15] Read different fictional books and really try to dissect the meanings behind them.
- [16:55] You can find inspiration everywhere! Vicky is always going down wormholes.
- [19:10] David Sedaris loves to ask really weird questions.
- [20:25] Copy other people’s quotes! (However, don’t forget to credit them properly).
- [23:20] Write stuff! Get feedback, and don’t give up!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Read the transcript:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.