Want to know how to get 1,000+ reviews on Amazon? Yeah ME TOO! So I found someone with the know-how: Dan Laxton of Bibado. I accosted him with many questions about how to get people to leave you a review – and he did not disappoint. Then he told us all about his fantastic company and I learned a ton about the physical product industry that I never dreamed of…
- [1:00] Who is Dan and what does he do?
- [5:35] Marketing is about being human and being real, and that’s hard to do on Amazon.
- [6:35] Dan might just sell baby bibs, but their content doesn’t have to be about just that.
- hey’ve catered their content to help parents with their children. Everything from parenting hacks to recipes. This helps them be seen as more than just a product provider.
- [9:05] How does Dan ask for reviews?
- [13:00] What is the Jungle Scout tool about, and how can it help with your Amazon product? [18:30] How did Dan first make the product?
- [21:45] It is possible to manufacture ethically elsewhere!
- [25:30] Dan’s team is remote because they prioritize family. They’re trying to create an environment where you can have both a career and a family.
- [29:00] Dan has recently introduced a childcare policy to help new parents within the organization.
- [31:45] People care more about reality than the ‘picture perfect’ corporate image. People want to buy from real people.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.