In shock news, Joe is reading a different book this week! Vicky has a fight with her TinySheep and loses. And the ring light makes another (possibly ill-advised) appearance. This week, your intrepid hosts get their nerd on and talk about how to research efficiently, effectively, and without disappearing down an internet wormhole of fascinating but ultimately useless information. Tune in to find out how to cut your research (and writing) time dramatically without doing a half-arsed job of it.
- [4:05] Vicky and Joe have a bad sheep.
- [7:20] How do you avoid going down a research blackhole?
- [7:55] Get your big idea down on paper first.
- [9:55] Make a note to yourself on things you need to research further.
- [11:25] Use your books before you use Google.
- [14:15] Joe offers Google tips and tricks to help you find what you want!
- [17:45] Use your browser in offline mode!
- [18:15] Give yourself a time limit for your research.
- [21:05] Please leave a review - Vicky and Joe would love to read it out loud on the show!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Want to read the transcript? Click below...
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.