Tardigrades, fleas, and ants — oh my! This week, tune in to hear Vicky and Joe discussing the power of tiny things. And marvel at the silky smooth segue into how you ACTUALLY get amazing results (hint: it’s not by following those bloody 10X your business overnight bro-hustle-marketer-twats). In this episode, you’ll get a simple formula for reaching the end of a year (or even a month) having made more gains than you ever thought possible on your book. Enjoy!
- [0:50] Project Dingle update!
- [5:05] Vicky got trolled by a Trump supporter!
- [7:35] Let’s talk about the power of timing.
- [10:50] Just like ants and fleas, habits are tiny, they’re powerful, and they’re consistent.
- [12:55] Vicky can’t wait to host another writing retreat.
- [14:15] Vicky and Joe try to (badly!) explain compounding interest.
- [18:40] You don’t notice the little differences you make everyday, but if you go back on your progress a year ago, you’ll be surprised by how much you’ve done.
- [21:45] Part of being a writer is that you write really bad stuff.
- [22:45] What are Vicky’s goals and how does she work on them?
- [25:15] Keep planting seeds every day.
- [25:55] Vicky is hosting a write night! Join her this Tuesday the 26th! Mentioned in This Episode:
Get Vicky’s latest audio book: That’s What She Said
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.Want to read the transcript? Click below…
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.