Are you a structure or a disco person? Rules or anarchy, maaaaaaaan? And what’s all this got to do with outlines anyway? Some say you HAVE to do an outline or what are you even doing? Others say BALLS to outlines, they’re for boring bores. Vicky and Joe? They’d like to share the 9 biggest outline myths—and give you a super-simple, delightfully smart way to structure your writing, even if the idea of structure turns you right off. Sit back and enjoy!
- [4:10] What’s happening in the Dingle?
- [7:45] What are some of the myths about outlines?
- [9:35] Outlines do help you with the blank page syndrome.
- [11:00] Outlines can change! It doesn’t have to be so ‘written in stone’.
- [11:25] Do outlines strife creativity?
- [14:50] Do you have to have an outline?
- [17:25] You don’t always need to know what you are writing about when you start.
- [20:05] Publishers and publishing houses do want to see an outline.
- [23:15] Approach your book from a ‘reader’s journey’.
- [27:35] Vicky is hosting another Write Night! Link below! Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.Want to read the transcript? Click below…
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.