Vicky explains why you don’t need a flea-ridden blanket to write your book, and nor do you need to go to Turkey. Joe looks on in bewilderment and then makes a really good point about decision fatigue and friction. And there’s a brief rant about lying on the internet. This episode also contains baby goats. Enjoy!
- [5:45] Vicky has been busy playing with baby goats.
- [7:00] Let’s talk about Victor Hugo and his fleas.
- [9:25] He was supposed to deliver the book, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, but was too busy partying it up like it was 1830.
- [9:40] Vicky shares her experiences of procrastination and how she forced herself to finally ‘write the book’.
- [12:35] The brain always wants to do something dramatic and fun, but ultimately, we just need to get the work done.
- [15:00] If you don’t have a habit, then every time you do that -thing- you’re just making a decision to do it….which can backfire on you.
- [15:50] Many successful people choose to wear the same thing every day. They need their brain to focus on other decisions.
- [16:30] You want to 10x your business tomorrow? It’s not shiny, it’s not glamorous, it’s just sitting down and doing the work.
- [18:25] If you want to see real change, it takes small habitual changes everyday.
- [20:00] Create a time and space for you to write everyday. Even if it’s for an hour!
- [21:55] Want to write your book? Reach out to Vicky! Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.Want to read the transcript? Click below…
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.