Vicky sits down with coach Christine Meyer and talks about how writing books is a MESSY process. Tune in and listen up as they natter about book covers, breaking rules, embracing emotions, and why our stories matter.
- [3:15] A little bit about Christine and what she does.
- [5:35] It’s so important to embrace and use your emotions as a tool.
- [7:20] So many people ‘don’t’ do something or don’t feel something. We are told we should only embrace the positive emotions, but that’s denying a large portion of life.
- [9:55] Why did Christine decide to write her book?
- [14:15] What was Christine’s book writing process?
- [16:10] Once Christine got all the elements needed together, writing the book became easy!
- [16:25] What were some of the challenges Christine faced when writing her book?
- [19:00] Don’t write your book on your own! It’s way more fun when you bring in outside help.
- [20:55] What’s Christine’s book about, and how did she come up with the title?
- [23:45] Christine is so glad she’s written a book, she’s been able to help people and that experience has been really rewarding.
- [27:15] Christine didn’t want to put extra pressure on herself to write everyday on her book, even if she wasn’t feeling it. She wanted her book to be fun and enjoyable, so she wrote when she was inspired to write.
- [27:55] Christine shares her top tip for writing your next book! Set yourself up to be inspired.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we'll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she's not doing that, she's hanging from a trapeze by her feet.