Guest Info – Mike Garner
I’m a content and email conversion copywriter. I help purpose-led businesses translate their vision and who they are into words that attract and convert.
I create stories, since the beginning of human civilisation, they’ve powered human endeavour and will continue to do so for a long time yet.
So your story matters, let’s start working on yours.
Vicky sits down with Mike Garner, who is WRITING HIS FIRST BOOK YAY! They wander around Paris for a while, fall into a romantic tale, and then circle back to what’s the most fun and the most difficult thing about writing. Funnily enough, for Mike, they’re the same thing. Tune in and get a writer’s perspective on writing and a couple of book recommendations!
- [3:00] A little bit about Mike!
- [6:20[ Mike shares a romantic story of how he met his second wife.
- [7:20] Mike has always wanted to write a book. He’s been a writer ‘in his head’ for a long time
- [10:30] Mike has seen a lot of people pass away in his life. He didn’t want to live life unfulfilled.
- [12:35] One of Mike’s friend’s inspired him to start writing. He was inspired to write 5,000 words a week.
- [14:05] It’s never been easier today to tell your story.
- [16:55] It’s okay to be nervous. It’s okay to have self-doubts. The key is to just keep moving forward and ask yourself, ‘Am I having fun?’
- [17:50] If we’re not having fun, what’s the point?
- [20:50] What is Mike’s writing process?
- [24:45] Mike’s big writing tip? Just write. Don’t worry about perfection. Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky: Vicky@vickyfraser.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.