Ever wondered why you can’t just sit down and write? There are many many reasons but here are the 5 most common ones. Tune in to find out why you’re not alone, why you’re NOT just making excuses (despite what some of the shamey messages on the internet might tell you) and what you can do to get started and keep writing. Also a joyful plug for the 4th Moxie Books Write Night—come and play!
- [1:15] Vicky is solo this podcast episode! What’s she reading right now?
- [4:40] Why writers don’t write? The biggest excuse is they don’t have time!
- [6:40] Everyone is busy but there is a deeper excuse underneath that.
- [7:30] Feeling overwhelmed? Don’t know where to start?
- [9:15] Action causes motivation which causes inspiration and that causes more action and the cycle repeats in a good way!
- [11:40] Just start by writing 200 crappy words a day! Anyone can do that!
- [12:25] Vicky can’t wait to run a writing retreat…in person!
- [13:15] The world needs to be open and honest. The world needs to talk more about politics, religion, and money without having the family throw food at each other!
- [15:15] The ‘angry black woman’ stereotype is horrible and disgusting.
- [17:25] Why are Russians so blunt?
- [21:25] Have you used any of those excuses before? Well, maybe it’s time to start writing your book. Vicky gives you permission! Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky: Vicky@vickyfraser.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.