Do you need kicking into action? So do we, friends. So do we. So when I saw Seth Godin’s email titled “Initiative takes effort” last summer, I filed it away as the spark of a podcast episode idea. Here is that episode! In it, Joe and I have a chat about why we struggle to get started, and what can help. Plus Vicky shares another creative nonfiction writing tip with you. And Joe describes “shrimping”. Enjoy!
- [2:50] Storytellers are never ever going to be unwanted.
- [7:10] Vicky reads an excerpt and explains why she loves this passage.
- [9:30] Were there any big events that happened in your lifetime? Draw up a timeline of your life.
- [11:05] Want to learn how to write better? This is a great activity for you to do!
- [14:00] Why is play so important in our adult lives?
- [18:25] Vicky needs accountability. When you have a partner to do things with, you’re much more likely to do those things.
- [22:30] Joe explains what shrimping means in MMA.
- [24:25] You can absolutely sit down and write a book on your own, but most people don’t.
- [27:00] Want to write a book? Don’t do it alone.
- [27:35] Want to learn something? Find someone to help you. Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1-2-1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.