Join Vicky and Joe as they talk ludicrously expensive oak doors, poo disasters, and why shoes in the house are UNACCEPTABLE. Then marvel at the smooth link to this week’s topic—the power of What If? What if you tried this thing? What if… you wrote your book? Tune in and get the pep talk you’ve been waiting for.
- [6:10] Casa Dingle update! Lots of poo happening.
- [9:10] What if you made your own door? What if you just….did?
- [11:35] It can be so easy to compare yourself to what you can’t yet do, but look at the progress you’ve made thus far.
- [17:20] Give yourself permission to do something badly!
- [19:10] When was the last time you wrote without a purpose? Just for the fun of it?
- [22:10] New year, new me. There’s a better way to go about it.
- [22:20] What if you wrote your book…this year? What if?
- [25:35] Don’t compare your insides to other people’s outsides.
- [27:30] Need a community? Vicky’s got another writer’s round opening up for you!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.