Ever struggle to start something—like you want to get on with writing, but instead you do 4,197 other things? Yep so does Vicky. So dive into this week’s podcast in which she and Joe talk about how to get started and do the things you want to do—even if you’ve tried all the “expert productivity techniques” and they haven’t worked for you. They didn’t work for Vicky either because—LISTEN UP—those techniques aren’t for us! Join us for 10 brain tricks, discover you’re not broken, and then get started. Hurrah!
- [5:35] Vicky rode her motorbike for the first time in six years!
- [7:10] Project dingle update!
- [9:20] Some people really struggle with getting started. Vicky is one of them.
- [10:50] If you really wanna do something, you have to trick your brain.
- [14:15] Instead of tackling all of the things, just put one thing away, or focus on one small thing to get you started.
- [15:00] Get your word count started by only writing 3 words!
- [17:40] Vicky doesn’t recommend using the pomodoro technique. She shares why.
- [24:30] Try to play your day, even if it doesn’t go according to plan, at least you have an outline.
- [25:30] Eat the frog? Doesn’t work for Vicky! She gets too distracted.
- [27:45] If your task is too big, use a template!
- [29:00] Vicky has some templates for you to help you write your book!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.