Vicky officially “comes out” as a person with ADHD, and Joe interviews her about how she gets stuff done as a writer and book coach, how she copes with her ridiculous brain, and they offer suggestions on what to do when “foolproof” tools don’t work for you. There’s also a Magic Mike moment when Joe takes off his shirt, which is SUPER radio. Enjoy!
- 0:55] Vicky is changing the podcast name!
- [1:35] Everyone is sticky and doesn’t like the weather today.
- [7:15] Project Dingle update!
- [10:10] Vicky loves to run her life on lists.
- [13:25] Vicky likes to break her tasks down into pieces so she doesn’t overwhelm herself.
- [15:55] Despite this, there are some days where Vicky does struggle.
- [20:20] The famous marshmallow test that determines a child’s delayed gratification. Why do some kids fail at it?
- [22:15] Vicky prefers to reward herself first, ride the dopamine hit, and then do the hard thing.
- [26:45] Vicky breaks down how she structures her mornings and nights.
- [29:05] How does Vicky cope with overwhelm?
- [33:35] Vicky’s brain is chaotic, but organized.
- [35:00] Vicky hasn’t told her family she really does suffer from ADHD.
- [37:00] Vicky forgets where she puts her keys all the time. Not just some of the time. All the time.
- [38:00] It’s really important to understand your style and how you work so that you can get more things done.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.