Join Vicky and Joe as they do a whirlwind trip through Vicky’s favourite productivity tools, writing tools, and editing tools! There’s a bunch of affiliate links for you, but don’t worry—she’s not a shill for big apps. This is only stuff she uses and loves. There are some tools in here that may surprise you because she has ADHD and some of the traditional advice is less than useful… so check this out instead. Enjoy!
- [4:35] Project Dingle update!
- [5:50] What are some of Vicky’s favourite tools to use when writing a book?
- [6:10] Do you need a child lock for all your distracting apps? Vicky does.
- [8:15] Vicky is so grateful for her Bose headphones to block out noise and distractions.
- [11:40] Vicky has a second screen to help her with her book writing tasks.
- [15:40] Vicky is also very fussy about what types of pens she likes to create with.
- [19:45] Notion is a godsend! It can be integrated into your own content calendars as well as Canva.
- [24:10] Do you struggle with starting and/or finishing stuff? Vicky has the ‘thing’ for you.
- [25:15] Vicky has her writing group, which has been very helpful for a lot of people in getting their writing projects underway.
- [26:30] Let’s talk about editing tools.
- [31:10] Joe loves a good old fashioned white board and a pen.
- [33:15] There are free writing groups out there. The accountability really helps you get stuff done!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Read the transcript:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.