Join Vicky and Joe as they discuss: does size matter? Joe is zooming in from a glamorous Tesco car park, but that doesn’t hamper their efforts at talking about how long books should be. Who decides what size they should be? And does it even matter anyway? Tune in and find out — and discover how you can write a legit, fantastic book before Christmas (no BS promises here).
- [1:20] Joe and Vicky had to stop some major leaks at the Dingle.
- [4:10] Did you know there are micro books out there?
- [6:00] Why do certain books have a certain word count?
- [8:50] If your book is going to be in a book shop, you want to be able to read the spine.
- [11:20] Vicky wishes certain business books were microbooks.
- [14:35] Want to write and publish your book before Christmas? Vicky’s got a writing session for you!
- [18:45] Have something written and in your hands by Christmas! Don’t wait till next year!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.