This week, amidst Covid and wedding anniversaries, Vicky runs out of time and reissues an old podcast episode about writing in community. It’s a good one, though. Listen in and discover why you don’t have to be a lonely odd sock, why writing in a group can be so powerful, and a few ways you might want to increase your writing buddies.
- [3:35] Are all writers tortured and alone?
- [5:30] How do you go about writing in community?
- [9:45] Vicky loves Sunday evenings because it gives her the opportunity to connect with her friends.
- [15:10] Vicky has a writing power hour within her community and it’s been amazing on how much work you actually get done during that 60 minute session.
- [15:55] Find yourself a writing buddy to help keep you accountable!
- [19:00] The quickest way to get to your writing goal is by having a group of writers you can work with and that will cheer you on.
- [21:35] Vicky shares some of her writers’ successes after joining the Moxie Power Hour group calls.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.