Come and get weird with Vicky and Joe! This week, your hosts investigate a few ways you can mix it up and get more creative. This episode contains: knitting, bad haikus, interpretative dance, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, magic magnets, cuttlefish, and cat sneezes. It’s better than it sounds, so listen up!
- [5:10] Project Dingle Update!
- [7:30] How can you get weird?
- [8:15] Eavesdrop in other people’s conversations.
- [15:00] Find a creative hobby to boost and inspire your mind.
- [20:15] Take a long train journey and explore!
- [25:00] An author decided to run an experiment to live like a badger.
- [29:45] Don’t feel like writing today? Draw or sing instead!
- [31:25] You’re missing out on some really cool ideas and rules if you only read traditionally published books.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow Notes in the Margin using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.