Join Vicky and Joe as they talk about — well, frankly, it’s a bit of a shambles this week. But they do talk about finding joy in writing, how we get distracted by stuff we think we should be doing, and how to spark a little joy and write something wonderful. This episode contains nuts and also a story in which Vicky asks, “But why are we going shopping? Why is this fun?”
- [7:15] Vicky loves reading and helping people write books that break the traditional rules.
- [8:55] Dingle update!
- [11:30] Vicky has been feeling a bit burned out lately.
- [12:40] Vicky has to turn in a writing assignment and she completely hates some of her writing lately.
- [16:10] Do you compare yourself to other people?
- [21:30] What does Vicky define as a professional?
- [22:50] The things you want to write are not frivolous or silly. If it brings you joy, do it.
- [25:15] Has Vicky been mispronouncing the word segue wrong this entire time?
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow Notes in the Margin using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.