Why are you doing what you do? Writing what you write? Creating what you create? Vicky asked herself this recently and realised she wasn’t enjoying herself. Tune in this week and listen to Vicky and Joe talk about creativity, different types of intelligence, the reasons we do the things we do, and why we should be feeding our souls as well as our bank accounts.
- [1:45] Vicky is feeling a bit flat lately.
- [3:15] What’s the whole point?
- [6:40] The online marketing space is very unoriginal. Everyone is just following the other person.
- [10:00] As creators, business owners, writers, we’re sort of ‘forced’ to create content for lead generation purposes instead of fun purposes.
- [17:20] Vicky has just been struggling with creativity lately.
- [19:00] Write more fun stuff! Don’t worry about it being productive.
- [20:55] Vicky is reading a mountain of books this week!
- [23:15] Do something this week just because you want to! Just go and have fun!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.