In this 90-minute LIVE workshop you’ll…
FINALLY get the clarity + direction on your nonfiction book idea that you need to ACTUALLY start writing your book—taking you from Where do I start? to Let’s fckn gooooooooo.
Win Before You Begin is an easy-to-implement start-your-nonfiction-book workshop that will teach you exactly how to get clear on your book idea so you can…
- Quickly see what’s getting in the way of you starting on actually writing your book
- Get crystal clear on exactly what your nonfiction book is about, so when someone asks you, “what’s your book about?” you can tell them confidently in just a couple of sentences
- Define what your goals are for your book, your goals as a writer, and your goals for your readers—and feel super clear on the next steps to take, so you’re never stuck for words again
Win Before You Begin
I know you see people left, right, and centre releasing their books, then saying “here’s how I did it, you can too”—and there are plenty of “write your bestseller in a weekend” type courses out there, and none of it quite rings true because THEIR method might not be like YOURS and who can write a REAL bestseller in a weekend anyway?
So I’m going to get straight to the point:
If you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, creative, or generally a human who wants to write a nonfiction book and you’re done with your own bullshit when it comes to procrastinating and making excuses, because you’re ready to finally start…
then sharpening your Big Book Idea with my Magnifying Glass Method in this 90-minute live workshop is your next best move.
Win Before You Begin
A 90-minute live workshop to FINALLY get the clarity + direction on your nonfiction book idea that you need to ACTUALLY start writing your book—taking you from Where do I start? to Let’s fckn gooooooooo.
Are you one of these folks?
#1 People have told you, more than once, that you should “write a book” and you know they’re right, but…
You haven’t yet because you’re not sure which idea to run with or even if any of them are good enough to turn into a book.
#2 You’ve spent all year (and maybe longer) telling yourself and everyone else that you don’t have time to write a book…
but you know deep down that time isn’t the issue, because we make time for what’s important to us. The issue is not knowing where to start.
#3 You have a brilliant idea for a book that fills a gaping hole where a book should be, but…
whenever you set aside time to write, something “more important” always comes out to scupper you because the idea of being able to just sit down and write feels like a frickin’ miracle, frankly.
Take their word for it…
“The live calls for me were game changing. It’s Vicky’s zone of genius. Obviously, everybody has something they’re good at and Vicky hot seating, unpacking, and elevating people’s books is her actual Ninja skill. What she did for mine was amazing but watching her do it for others enabled me to write better.
Listening, observational learning, the opportunity of watching her hot-seat with other people, talk about language techniques, talk about bringing concepts together, just so many different literary and conceptual devices.
Watching her book coach was brilliant.”
“Vicky is a god damn book genie genius. I wrote 10,000 words after our chat!”
“When left to our own devices writing a book can feel like this ginormous scary uncomfortable thing that only Fancy People do, but you broke it down SO well and were SO encouraging. Vicky is one hell of a coach, period.
I was secretly worried that my idea was pointless and dumb and NO ONE NEEDED ANOTHER LADY FROM BROOKLYN WRITING A BOOK. I also worried that it was going to be too shallow to be interesting, and was an exercise best saved for my diary as opposed to something people would find genuine value in. Vicky showed me that I had nothing to be worried about—she validated my ideas and pushed me onwards.”
—Hillary Weiss Presswood
“I understand where I am going, what I am doing, how the book is developing, my reader, their journey…. Whole thing is sooooo exciting!!”
Win Before You Begin
How thrilling would it feel to…
- See your book idea in sparkling clarity and through the eyes of someone who KNOWS it could become a brilliant book, instead of continuing to doubt yourself and your big brain
- Understand where your procrastination is coming from—and squash it so when you sit down to write, you’re able to actually DO THAT instead of just staring desparingly at the wall
- Have your goals as a writer validated, supported, and encouraged so you can use them to create your book’s North Star—the guiding light that’ll get your book written
- FINALLY feel like you have enough time to get this book written because you FINALLY understand what it is you’re writing about
- Be able to answer the question “so what’s your book about” with a clear, confident, short paragraph that perfectly sums up your idea and your enthusiasm for it
- Know you’ll be able to make progress on your book every time you set aside time to write because your idea and goals are so clear, it feels easy
You don’t have a time problem.
You have a clarity problem.
And yes I know you might be thinking, “Screw you, I DON’T have time” and that’s fair enough, if that is really the case.
But for most people I work with, their problem isn’t time, it’s clarity—and if you continue to tell yourself the reason you’re not writing your book is because you don’t have time, you’ll never start. Because you’ll never know.
When you have clarity on your book idea, you’ll find you spend your time actually writing instead of perpetually getting ready to write or researching or planning. Because we’ve all been in that procrastination-resistance-faffery stage.
That’s where your book is going to come from: clarity. That’s where the confidence to write lives.
Let’s make sure every time you get your writing tools out you actually make progress on your book, not another “planning session” in which you stare at the wall and wish you were someone else. <- big
When your big idea for your book feels like the most obvious thing in the world to you, and you can explain it fast and clear to anyone who asks, your ability to sit down and write the damn thing is turbocharged.
And it’s not hard.
You don’t have to “know more” (you know enough), you don’t have to “find more time” (you have time, I promise), and you don’t have to become a Nobel-prize winning writer (you’re good enough) to make a start on your book.
Let me give you a step-by-step yet flexible approach to planning and starting your book so by the time the year’s out, you’ll be able to say to people, “Yeah, I have a book coming out early next year. How freakin’ cool is that?”
Let me show you how amazing your book idea is, and how powerful clarity can be in giving you the push you need to just get started.
- 90-minute live workshop (plus recording for you to download and keep)
- My easy-to-implement Magnifying Glass Method to put your book idea under the microscope and refine it so you feel confident about writing it
- A step-by-step workbook complete with questions and prompts to help you figure out your book angle, writer goals, reader goals, objective for your book, and timer planner so you can get started with ease
- Ask me anything at any time, live during the call, and I’ll help you workshop aspects of your book idea live
- My Reader Journey template for you to take away and fill in after the workshop, so you have something concrete to begin with after I’m gone
AND, as an additional bonus, you get a week’s FREE access to my Creative Playground accountability writing sessions to help you carry on that momentum and make real progress on your book immediately.
Hi, I’m Vicky Quinn Fraser!
If you’d have told me when I was 25 and a high-school and university dropout and newly divorced bundle of anxiety that I’d write 5 books of my own, ghostwrite more than 10, and help amazing humans write dozens of books, I’d have probably laughed in your face because I couldn’t even finish a lecture or a marriage, let alone a book.
But I’ve now been an author then a book coach for almost 11 years because I figured out that there isn’t One True Way for everyone to write a book, and listening to people who tell that story only leads to shame and feelings of failure.
The secret to success when it comes to starting and finishing your book is that it’s all about what works best for YOU—and starting with a clear idea that you’re genuinely excited about.
Something you care enough about to commit thousands of words to.
I’m an expert at supporting people like you to figure out what they want their book to be about, if they even want to write a book at all, and if they do—the method that works best for them. Which won’t be the same method that works best for me, or Stephen King, or Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie.
I will never take a rigid framework and try to force you to fit inside it. Screw that. I spent most of my adult life trying to do that and it sucks. Instead, I look at what makes you tick, what lights you up, where your energy flows, and what depletes you. THEN we get cracking on coaxing that beautiful book out of your brain.
All while making sure your voice comes through sharp and clear and full of YOU, so your story connects deeply with the people who need to hear it.
There’s some exhausting nonsense happening in the world of books and publishing right now…
- Writers pouring their blood, sweat, and tears into book ideas that aren’t right for them because someone else has said “this is what you should do” and so they never finish, or hate what they’re doing.
- Creators like you are doubting themselves because you see others putting out their books into the world left, right, and centre and yes some of them are amazing but some of them really aren’t, and it makes you furious because you know your book could be incredible if you could just get it out of your head.
- People are putting out shallow, rushed books as glorified business cards because someone’s told them “it doesn’t matter if nobody reads your book” and so the market is flooded with books that could be a blog post.
- Amazing humans are talking themselves out of writing their books because they mistakenly believe their idea isn’t good enough, or that nobody would want to hear their story, or that it’s all been said before.
You want to write your book and tell your story, and I can help you do that.
I’ve got an impressive resume to prove it, too:
- 15+ years experience of writing to make an impact
- 5x published author (with a 6th book out soon)
- I’ve ghostwritten dozens of books for clients, including some names you’d probably recognise.
- I’ve done thousands of hours of consulting and mentoring with clients to help them craft their messages and write their books.
- I’ve trained and coached dozens of authors to write and publish their own books, shifting their businesses and confidence to another level.
Most importantly, I’ve taken that experience and not only do I know how to talk about writing an incredible book that’ll move people to change, I know how to TEACH it.
There are a lot of courses and articles out there by people who’ve written a book and got excited about it, and then said “you can do this too, here’s how!” which is lovely but doesn’t help you—because they won’t show you how to write a book, they show you how they wrote their book.
You’re not learning MY personal book writing strategy, you’re learning to sharpen your own ideas and thoughts, and shape them into a book idea you can be proud of, and confident enough in to actually begin.
Now this is YOUR moment to sharpen your book idea so you feel confident in your ability to sit down and write it.
Making it that much more likely that you’ll have a book ready to publish early next year.
You’re going to become an author.
Creating a brilliant book you can be SO PROUD OF.
You’re going to feel the clarity, excitement, and confidence of an author most times when you sit down to write because you’re super-clear on your book idea and your reason for writing it.
I know you won’t say it, but you see others—peers, mentors, colleagues, randoms—publishing their books and it pisses you right off because here you are trying so damn hard to write yours.
And it doesn’t feel good because it’s not like you want their books to fail—you don’t, of course—you just wanna be part of the published author club too. Because you can absolutely write a book, only you’re… not. I get it.
Take their word for it…
“Have you ever thought ‘Gee I’d really love to write my weird and wonderful nonfiction book’ but then your brain is like:
“I don’t really have the time right now…
I’ll definitely get to that “tomorrow” (insert time lapse of decades whizzing by, regrets, laments, tears, etc)
- I have 99 ideas but can’t / won’t ever decide on 1
- Who am I to write about ANYTHING OMG WHAT ARE WORDS
- I need someone to hold me accountable
- Can an expert pls help walk me through this process?
Welllll my friends, THIS is a perfect opportunity.”
“She made my book a good book – but more than that, she gave me the confidence to feel good about my book. She held my hand every step of the way. She validated my ideas, and saw through my fears and concerns to give me the insights, advice and kicks up the bum I needed.”
“It’s very reassuring to have someone tell you, ‘You can do this’ when everyone else is saying, ‘You can’t do that, you can’t write a book.’ She took the fear out of it, and broke the whole thing down into steps rather than a great big thing.”
Win Before You Begin
Learn how to quickly refine and sharpen your book idea, goals, and objectives so every time you get out your writing tools, you’re able to make progress on that book you so badly want to write.
Secure your spot here.
And if you’d like a little more help…
VIP Upgrade: £299 (+VAT)
Win Before You Begin
LIVE Workshop PLUS 1-2-1 Coaching Call
+ 1 week’s private Voxer support
After the workshop, you can book a 60-minute private Zoom call with me to work through any aspect of your book idea/plan, then get my support in Voxer for a full week.
Q: What time is the workshop?
A: It’s at 4pm GMT on November 22, 2023.
Q: Is there a recording?
A: Yes there is, you’ll get it 24-48 hours after the workshop goes live.
Q: Do I get 1:1 access to you?
A: No. This is a group workshop. But you do get to ask me as many questions as you like during the workshop and afterwards in the Q&A.
Q: When do I get access to all materials?
A: Because my work is nuanced, I like to make sure I guide you through the concepts before providing a workbook for something you’ve never done before. I don’t want anyone to start the workshop confused or feeling like they’ve failed before they started kinda vibe. So you will get access to the workbook right before the call, and I’ll make sure you have the link at the start of the call. All other resources will be available 24-48 hours after the workshop.
Q: How long do I have access?
A: You will have access to download the materials for 1 year, and once you’ve downloaded them, they’re yours to keep for ever.
Q: Are there refunds?
A: While I want you to be satisfied with your purchase, due to the fact this is a live call, there are no refunds offered.