Beaker is in da houzzzzzzzzzz

Beaker is in da houzzzzzzzzzz

Beaker is in da houuuuuuuzzzzzzIt’s happened.He’s cracked.Well, actually, I cracked after being badgered for more than a week.Joe has almost totally morphed into Beaker from the Muppets with the addition of bright, Tango-orange hair.He was adamant that he wanted to dye his hair a ridiculous colour and of course he couldn’t go blue, because my natural hair colour is blue and we’d look like Mama and Papa Smurf.So last weekend I bleached his hair (I KNOW I KNOW I’M NOT A HAIRDRESSER but calm down it went fine) and yesterday morning we tango’d it.(In case you were wondering, the other options were purple and lime green. Stay tuned for future editions of Joe’s Hair)

Up there you can see him in all his Beaker glory ⤴⤴

He figured that if he’s not out and about seeing clients or working in factories or struggle-cuddling his mates at the dojo, he may as well have some fun with his hair. After all, he can clipper it all off at any time.(I’ve hidden the clippers)For a lot of people, this is the perfect time to try something new: bright hair; experiments in makeup; painting; learning a language or an instrument; baking bread; patience.And I’ve had a lot of emails from people who’ve bought my book saying they’re using this time to write their books (and I’m so bloody excited for them!)How about you, Harriet?

Maybe you’re not sure you’ll have the time, or the skills, or the knowledge to do it? Yeah, I hear ya. I struggle with all those doubts as well, all the time, and I write books for a living.It’s normal.So this evening at 8pm BST, I’d love you to join me on Author TV: Bill Goss of Elite Publishing has invited me to be his guest host on his Book Experts Academy series.And to tie the start of this email to this call to action, I’d like to point out that I will be showcasing my bright blue hair. Hurrah!Seriously though, if you’re even thinking of writing a book, come along. It’ll be good fun and you’ll discover how you can create recurring revenue from your book.You can do this:

  • Even if you’re in a small niche (especially if)
  • Even if you don’t feel you’re ready (you are – and I’ll prove it)
  • Even if you don’t have a website or shopping cart (much less work for you!)
  • Even if there are other “experts” in your space (they don’t have your unique skills and experience, and most of ’em won’t bother writing a book, either)
  • Even if there is already a lot of free information on the internet about your topic (you’ll discover why people will shell out for a book and get more value from it, even when we’re flooded with info all the time)

Will I see you there? Excellent. Sign up here. It’s freeeeeeeeee!p.s. I’m super-excited about this because Bill and I both have a lot to say about writing and self-publishing, and most of it will be fun. 98% of it, I reckon. The other 2% will be dedicated to a serious message about the most important hidden benefit of writing a book.Tune in to find out what that is.

Start Writing Your Book Today

If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.

About Vicky…

Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.