Join your hosts for discussions of Joe’s (not) receding hairline, quarantine shenanigans, a discussion of the books they’re currently reading and a Netflix binge recommendation. Oh, and also find out how Vicky twisted the deadly sin of lust into something that’s relevant to writing your book. There are actual words of wisdom in this one if you can bear to stick around long enough to hear them…
- [2:25] What have Vicky and Joe been doing during the quarantine?
- [5:25] Since Joe’s BJJ classes are cancelled, he’s being forced to do contemporary dance with Vicky.
- [6:40] Are you pivoting in your business? Vicky wants to hear from you.
- [10:40] Let’s talk about lust!
- [12:55] What is the difference between love and lust?
- [17:00] You don’t have to tie your own self-worth into people’s reactions to your book.
- [19:40] Don’t write your book because you want people to validate you.
- [21:45] Let go of your expectations and just focus on doing good work.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.