Your brain is like a rock. You just need to push it downhill. Want to know what we’re on about? Tune into the latest episode of The 1,000 Authors Show with Vicky and Joe, and discover the big myth about motivation, Vicky’s problem with flies, and how you can get more writing done than you ever thought possible…
- [6:55] Joe, the little amazing chef.
- [8:45] How do you stay motivated?
- [9:35] Motivation can not come from external factors.
- [11:00] Are you genuinely tired or are you just being lazy?
- [14:00] There’s so much magic to getting started. Vicky and Joe cleaned their entire kitchen and it was so easy to do…one they started it!
- [17:05] Remember why you started. If you don’t remember or you don’t care, stop doing it.
- [20:10] You got to ‘eat the bag of hair’ first.
- [22:40] You can sign up to Vicky’s power hour writing sessions!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.