Joe and I talk eyebrows, courgettes, and the perils of publishing. This week, your hosts demolish the myth that traditional publishing is the only way to become a published author. Sneak peek: it’s not! Hurrah! Tune in to hear all about the benefits and pitfalls of trad publishing, self-publishing, and hybrid publishing – and the differences between them.
- [6:40] Vicky and Joe played D&D with some friends!
- [8:00] Do you feel like you’ll never get published?
- [10:20] Traditional publishing might not be for everybody.
- [17:25] If you find a hybrid publisher, be really careful.
- [20:20] Want to self-publish? This is what you need to know.
- [24:05] Struggling with print layout? Vicky can help you!
- [25:00] Being a ‘published author’ is pure vanity for Vicky.
- [25:30] Need help? Join Vicky’s power hour! Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.