Vicky and Joe storm into this episode powered by Sacred Rage at the injustices of the world. Then they veer off sharply into the world of monster vegetables, and swerve back to writing a book—this time talking about what to do if you’re worried people will make fun of your book. Tune in for some splendid advice.
- [1:05] It is currently hotter than the surface of the sun. Vicky and Joe are dying!
- [2:15] Joe is still reading….The Wheel of Time!
- [8:50] Vicky and Joe are tackling their garden. They’ve grown too much food!
- [10:45] What happens if someone makes fun of the book you’ve written?
- [11:20] There are only two people in your circle that matter: Potential customers & Your customers.
- [15:15] Write a list of people whose opinions matter to you.
- [19:30] Ask the right people for feedback.
- [19:55] Remember to ask your beta readers the right questions!
- [23:15] Use the advice you receive to be better. Don’t take it personally.
- [24:15] Focus on what you can control.
- [26:15] Please leave Vicky and Joe a review on iTunes! Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.