Guest Info – Jill Robinson
I help people just like you! I have that oil-can, and through the power of Pilates and corrective moments I can show you how you can improve your posture, strengthen your joints and increase your muscle tone, and generally feel much better about yourself.
Vicky sits down with Jill Robinson of Organic Pilates and talks orgasms, incontinence, and testicles to spectacles. We wanted to find out all about Jill’s new book — why she wrote it, who it’s for, and why this whole conversation is absolutely bloody crucial. We also say the word “vagina”. (Get over it.)
- [3:40] Who is Jill and what does she do?
- [7:00] Just because you’re getting older, doesn’t mean you have to have an old body or old mind.
- [7:40] Why does Jill like to work with perimenopausal or menopausal women?
- [10:00] Vicky was around 40 when she could finally comfortably say the word, ‘period’ out loud.
- [11:10] Women should work in line with their cycles, and not feel guilty on the days where their bodies just feel ‘meh’.
- [13:25] Birth control pills were never actually tested on women.
- [17:00] Jill shares why she felt it was time to write a book.
- [18:45] How do you find your pelvic floor?
- [24:10] There is a very strong connection between feet and the pelvic floor. Jill explains why.
- [26:50] What are some easy ways you can get started on your health today? Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.Want to read the transcript? Click below…
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.