Join Vicky, Joe, and Joe’s hair as they talk about why we lie to ourselves when we say we don’t have time. No shade: tune in and find out what’s really going on, and how to dig into the reasons that lie beneath that excuse. Also featured in this podcast: angry women, the status quo, and smashing the patriarchy. Enjoy!
- [4:30] Update on the dingle!
- [7:00] Why do writers don’t write? The biggest excuse is they don’t have time!
- [9:00] Everyone is busy but there is a deeper excuse underneath that.
- [9:55] Feeling overwhelmed? Don’t know where to start?
- [11:35] Action causes motivation which causes inspiration and that causes more action and the cycle repeats in a good way!
- [13:40] Just start by writing 200 crappy words a day! Anyone can do that!
- [14:25] Vicky can’t wait to run a writing retreat…in person!
- [15:35] The world needs to be open and honest. The world needs to talk more about politics, religion, and money without having the family throw food at each other!
- [17:15] The ‘angry black woman’ stereotype is horrible and disgusting.
- [19:25] Why are Russians so blunt?
- [23:25] Have you used any of those excuses before? Well, maybe it’s time to start writing your book. Vicky gives you permission!
- [25:40] More people spend time planning their holidays than they do their life! their life! Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.Want to read the transcript? Click below…
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.