Guest Info – Kristin Quiroz Bayona
Women and WOC entrepreneurs I see all the time and energy that you put into growing your businesses. You want to start a podcast to increase your visibility with the right audience, establish your authority, build trust with your community, and expand your business. But starting a podcast can be intimidating…-gaining the confidence to share your voice-getting clear on your podcast vision/goals-figuring out the tech-sifting through all the information on the internet for answers-creating a content calendar-reaching out to potential guests-writing scripts-making sure you have listeners-leveraging your podcast-growing your audience
For entirely selfish reasons, Vicky interviews the thoroughly lovely Kristin Quiroz Bayona of Explorer In You—and they talk about the absolute joy of podcasting, storytelling, and diversifying the voices we hear. Tune in to find out all about how starting a podcast can help you get more out of your book—and how to get the most out of any interview appearances you might have. Plus a couple of fab book recommendations!
- [3:15] Women and their prices, what’s the problem?
- [5:35] When it comes to empowerment, how much of it is your actual choice vs. what you’re perceived/expected to do?
- [6:45] How free are your choices?
- [7:55] What does it mean to have a good money mindset?
- [10:45] Building wealth is seen as shady business, especially for women.
- [12:00] Money brings protection, money brings security.
- [18:10] What is the difference between western vs. non-western feminism? In Africa, it’s seen completely differently.
- [23:15] We have to separate our own worth vs. money.
- [28:30] How do we have a healthy relationship with money?
- [33:00] How did Yinka get into this line of work?
- [36:40] Trading time for money? It’s just a stage.
- [39:10] What happens if someone can’t afford to pay you?
- [42:40] It all boils down to value and your own self worth. Mentioned in This Episode:
The Girl with the Louding Voice: A Novel Book by Abi Daré
The Shadow of the Wind Novel by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.Want to read the transcript? Click below…
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.